Tuesday 17 January 2012

Community

It never ceases to amaze me on the quality, generosity and level of sharing in the RepRap community.

I recently started using Slic3r and was getting fairly good prints, then I discovered RichRap's blog Slic3r is nicer with some excellent posts on how to setup and get the best out of Slic3r.  Excellent, and what's more my prints are now ever better.

That someone took the time to experiment with the various setting, and then made the time to share that information with the rest of the community is what makes Open Source and RepRap in particular a great place to hang out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Geoff - I read on the mendel-parts forums that you put together a patch to run the gen6 boards with replicatorG. Do you still have those up anywhere? Looks like the github link went down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi smolkd, I made that patch quite a time ago and RepG has moved on a long way since then.

    I had so many problems getting the original Gen6 firmware working with RepG I gave up and more recently have moved to a Pronterface/Marlin combination that works very well. I can recommend it.

    I noticed somewhere in the documentation that Marlin also works with RepG, but I have never tried it.

    I am not sure if I have the original patch, but my original RepG fork is still on my github. Checkout https://github.com/geoffd123/ReplicatorG

    Cheers
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete